I've discovered that Benjamin is a real outdoorsman... there is nothing he loves better than just playing outside in the grass.
He can entertain himself indefinitely by simply examining stalks of grass, or meticulously plucking the petals off of a flower (think "loves me, loves me not..."), or comparing two pinecones, looking for differences (or signs of edibility, which, of course, leads to "Oh! Ewww, stop, no-- Benjamin, we don't EAT pinecones, they're yucky!")
Fortunately, I can entertain myself for some length of time by capturing these moments on camera.. but unfortunately for Ben, my camera's battery runs out before his does, and I'm usually ready to go back inside within an hour or so.
Oh, well, there's always the next day... and the next, and the next, and the next!





5 comments:
That photo of Ben laying next to the flowers is just TOO PRECIOUS! He is such a handsome young boy. Can't wait to meet your next kiddo :-)
Oh goodness, this was absolutely precious, Laura! What entertaining writing too :o)
Tristan-- I love that picture, too! That's one of his new things, he'll just randomly lie down, look up at me, and sweetly say, "Night-night!" I guess this time he decided the bed of flowers would make a perfect bed for him!
Juli-- Thank you :)
These are GREAT pictures, so cute!! ;-)
I am very impressed with your ability to get down on your tummy (especially after showing it in all it's glory) to get these shots of your little 'nature boy'. So very sweet.
As for batteries, your gonna have to get yourself a battery re-charger soon. With your talent for composition you will be needing them with both this little guy and the new one.
Think your tired now. Really, all parents make a big deal for number one child. Number two child sorta gets left out of all the 'portaits' and snapshots of everyday life. Just a fact of life unless you are aware you will need to also take your 'vitamins' to stay ahead of them.
You are SO right about 'Daddy's' ability to say something once and mean it. Self-explanatory term. I hope you will keep your blogging up to snuff. It is so entertaining. Thanks.
aunt bonnie
Post a Comment