5.05.2009

Moments in a day with Benjamin

Ben sits and observes me, painting my fingernails.
"What are you doing, Mama?"
"Painting my fingernails. It's for girls." (anticipating, and warding off, a potential "Paint Ben's fingernails?")
"No... it's for sillies!"


The other day, Ben was playing with Uncle Joey, who was playfully "bonking" Ben on the head. Ben laughed along for a few minutes, until he'd had enough-- at which point, he backed up, and said authoritatively, "Top (stop)! Don't bonk my bald head!!" Emphasis on bald. I guess he remembers before his hair grew in (somewhat), and he was, affectionately of course, called baldy by a lot of us.

Okay, mostly Daniel and me. :/ It was pretty funny though.


Every morning, Ben has a bowl of "oh-p'd'-lal" (oatmeal).


Earlier today, he was struggling with a "duck" toy (stuck-- with words that begin with an s before another consonant, he drops the s. Hence, "top" = stop, "pace" = space, and "duck" = stuck. I'm not sure why the t comes out as a d, he's pretty good with t's otherwise...), and I was heading over to help him, when he wiggled it out of wherever it was "duck". I said, "You got it? Good!", and he said "Get it, Got it, GOOD!"

Oh, he's working on tracing letters and numbers now, and doing great! He can recognize a LOT of written words (not so much reading, I know, probably more memorization... but I think it's partly that he knows the sounds of the letters.

Anyway, I know it's been a LONG time since I've posted... this isn't really "the" update post, just the "first time I've sat down to type up a couple of cute things" post.

I have something like a billion pictures to post, but am struggling with uploading them. So hopefully I'll get those up sometime soon.

That's all for now though... :)

3 comments:

Shellee said...

Yay! I was shocked to see a new post from you! Good job, even cute little posts like these are worth it Laura, this was so cute! Can't wait to read more from you! I like exclamations! !!!! ;-p~

Anonymous said...

YAY! HOORAY! ME TOO! Thanks for sharing, Laura!

Laura said...

Thanks, Shellee and Juli!