So... "The update post".
Where to begin... it's been just short of a year since I stopped posting. It's been a long year, with well more than it's own share of ups and downs.
Just for the basics, I guess (eh, most of you probably know all this, but I'll put it up here anyway just in case): Daniel and the boys and I are now staying with Diane and Loy (Daniel's parents). We were tight financially for a little while even with steady work for Daniel, but then when Daniel had a hard time finding work after his job at the bank didn't work out, he had a couple of short-term temp jobs, and things like that, but it wasn't enough to keep us on our feet. We lost the apartment about a month ago, and Loy and Diane graciously offered us their spare bedroom (really Diane's sewing room, so now their dining room is overflowing with the craft supplies we displaced, sorry Diane) until we can get back out in our own place again. Thank you, Diane and Loy!
It's a little humbling, of course, being our own family, but being dependent on someone else for a place to live. But all in all, it's worked out well-- and I'm so grateful (to Loy and Diane, and to God) that we have a roof over our heads. When it comes down to it, our boys are fed, we're warm and safe-- those are the important things. Pride? Psh... ;)
But anyway, Daniel's working two jobs now (one full-time, one part-time), and we're hoping to be able to move out again within a few months. I know Daniel's parents love us and the boys and are glad to have us here and help us, but I know how surprisingly large an impact small children can have on a home and lifestyle, and so obviously it'll be good for everyone involved.
More recently, I heard the terrifying news that my Dad had been diagnosed with cancer, just a few weeks ago. He'd been having a lot of pain for several months, and after a series of tests, the doctors proclaimed that he had cancer. He was scheduled immediately for surgery about a week ago, which, thankfully, seems to have gone perfectly (although it was of course, painful for him, and he's still going through a rough recovery (so prayer for relief and healing for him would be greatly appreciated!), and, while there is still further testing to be done, he seems to be cancer-free as of now, thank God!
The past year has felt like a roller coaster, with little bumps, and peaceful lulls, and exhilarating climbs, and terrifying dips and dives that make you hold on for dear life just to get through. Well, the lows certainly show you what (or Who) you're clinging to!
Through all the circumstances, all the trials, all the joys, I've seen God's hand at work constantly (well, I may not have always seen it at the time, but it was there!) and He's brought me so much closer to Him, through the hard times, and the easier times.
Whew... what else? Well, of course, there's been a plethora of day-to-day things I can't possibly remember to post about... alas, those may be lost :(
Anyway, to summarize: Life is tough. God is good. :)
5.05.2009
Update?
Written by Laura at 2:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment